Good to step away from the design screen.
Completed this logo for a good friend last week. And I put together this diagram, to show how consistency within a logo creates harmony.
1. Thickness of logo is carried throughout.
2. Spacing is consistent between both R s
3. Angles are the same, from the drop down, to the leg; even though its not connected you get the sense it is through the use of the angle and negative space. In both Rs
4. Also the space between the stem of the 2nd R, and bowl of the 1st R, is the exact curve of bowl of First R.
Side note: Bird was added to add character to the logo, friend's nickname is birdie and she really wanted it to be incorporated somehow in the logo.
This week's recipe is so easy, and so yummy! I put this pesto on my morning toast, eggs, I even mixed it with some penne pasta, and my 15 month old devoured it. He LOVED it to say the least.
The only downside to this is you need to eat it right away, because it does have avocado in it, and will turn brown.
This makes one cup of Pesto, I make small batches because of the problem above.
1. 1 Avocado
2. 1 Clove of Garlic
3. Salt (to taste)
4. 1 Cup of Basil
So you could go one of two ways, Ive tried both and both work great.
1. If you have a food processor, put your avocado, basil, and garlic and blend. Add salt to taste.
2. If no processor, smash your avocado with a fork on a cutting board. Put your garlic through a garlic crusher, and cut up your basil fine. Put it all in a bowl, mix it and add salt to taste.
Super easy super yummy! And add to any food you like.
Comment below and share what you paired with this yummy pesto!!
Little San Francisco vibe in Orange County.
My dream is to one day design, and build my own house. Maybe this will change. But I am a sucker for clean, white spaces, with crisp lines, the contrast between white, and natural wood. Along with steel & wood. Things that will never change, I LOVE LOVE LOVE lighting. Natural light in my opinion is one of the most taken for granted things. So architecture, buildings that create such beautiful light is a must. Along those lines, windows, lots of lots of windows. I like privacy don't get me wrong, but I love the outdoors more.
Also a sucker for wood flooring, and check out that ceiling :) LOVE.
I am going to utilize my website, to post designs/ art that I love. I am a graphic designer, but I love all different forms of art. When I am doing my designs, especially editorial (my fave) I love to pull architecture for inspiration, the shapes, the geometry it creates, clean, sharp, organic, all the above. Love it.
Besides designs/architecture I love, I want to start posting photography I take when I am out and about, paintings/drawings I do in free time, and also some of the projects I am working on as well.